OT - Is this plant Poison [whatever]?

...or just a weed?

How sure are you?

Reply to
Red Green

In news:Xns9BEEBE985E2E9RedGreen@216.168.3.70, Red Green spewed forth:

looks like poison oak, but why take the chance?

Reply to
ChairMan

"Leaves of three, let it be" Leave it alone or kill it is what that old saying means.

Without being able to see the vine portion, I would say I am about 80% sure it is poison ivy, sumac or something ugly. Rouund up or the like will kill it.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

I'd say the same. Best to spray it.

Reply to
Frank

Pretty sure it's not poison ivy; leaves are lobed too much. I'd venture good possibility of poison oak.

A bunch of pictures for comparison are at

--

Reply to
dpb

I'm not sure, but it looks like poison oak.

["Poisonous Plants of North Carolina," ]

Oren

Not sure at all, but remember the maxim: "When it doubt, kill it!"

Reply to
HeyBub

Either poison ivy or poison oak. Wet all the leaves with RoundUp, wait 3 weeks, and repeat if needed. Best not to pull it out and do not burn it.

Reply to
Phisherman

Its poison something, a common way to get infected is walk through it, take off your shoes, rub your eyes and take a pee. The oils can last 6 months on tools and clothes. Safe is roundup anything like that with 3 leaves.

Reply to
ransley

Red Green wrote in news:Xns9BEEBE985E2E9RedGreen@

216.168.3.70:

Thanks for all the responses. I nuked it with Roundup. Being an ongoing vine, I know you can't kill the whole thing by spraying exposed plant. But what is showing sure shows signs of a severe tummy ache.

Reply to
Red Green

Phisherman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yea I thought I read someplace even if it appears/is dead it can still give you the itch because of the oils.

Weed whacking is OK though :-)

Reply to
Red Green