OT: How to remove silicone rubber

Shampoo dispenser was hung on shower wall with silicone rubber.

Shower wall material is Corian.

Any cute tricks to remove the silicone rubber without scratching the Corian?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

I'd hesitate to use a razor blade scraper, as others have suggested. How about using plexiglass as a scraper instead? Preferably with the edge bevelled to 45 degrees or so. Maybe a brand new windshield ice-scraper would work for this, if you're not equipped to cut your own.

Mark

p.s. I've cross-posted to alt.home.repair, a better place for this question.

Reply to
redbelly

I haven't tried it with silicone rubber, but I've had good luck rubbing of other adhesives and encrustations with a plain old rectangular erasor. (Today seems to be erasor day, for me..)

Reply to
Goedjn