OT - HF 45807 stretched out

With strap on head lamps on sale at HF for $2.49 I bought another one, to use to replace one with the elastic stretched out. It's too tight when new, and after a few uses, I'm at the end of the adjustment. I may buy some elastic at the store, and splice in some stretchy for one of my stretched out lights.

Is there a reasonably priced head lamp that runs on AA cells (triple A don't last very long)? Or should I get some elastic and practice my sewing skills?

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Have you compared your head size with that of more normal folks?

Reply to
hrhofmann

Chris may have a big old American head like many of us with European ancestry but Asians have pointy little heads. If you've ever seen Asian construction workers in pictures and videos of job sites where they are wearing hardhats, you may have noticed they all have chinstraps to hold them on. I've noticed that a lot of Asian produced products are made for folks with smaller hands and bodies. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Either surf on over to Amazon.com and search for "petzl headlamp" or learn how to sew.

Reply to
Moe Gasser

For many projects, you can't go wrong with a baseball cap containing LED lights. Here's one:

HeyBub

I saw a guy who took the free HF light and duct taped it to his cap. He said it works great.

Reply to
Frank

Hey, you're not going to call me egghead, like everyone did in school?

.

Have you compared your head size with that of more normal folks?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ahhhh...... sooooo....... actually, I never thought of that. I bet you're right. I ought to buy from a US made distributor. And, all this time, I thought it was just cheap junk elastic that stretched out.

.

Chris may have a big old American head like many of us with European ancestry but Asians have pointy little heads. If you've ever seen Asian construction workers in pictures and videos of job sites where they are wearing hardhats, you may have noticed they all have chinstraps to hold them on. I've noticed that a lot of Asian produced products are made for folks with smaller hands and bodies. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Years ago, I taped and stapled a "Photon" style squeeze light to my baseball cap. Have to check that some day, probably batteries dead by now. Worked OK.

.

I saw a guy who took the free HF light and duct taped it to his cap. He said it works great.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Great idea. I'd seen clip on lights, five LED, at Real Deals Dollar Store. Might have bought one, can't remember. Took one or two coin batteries.

.

For many projects, you can't go wrong with a baseball cap containing LED lights. Here's one:

Stormin Mormon

Go to a fabric shop and get a replacement band. It's not that hard to stitch one up.

I picked up a 65 lumen headlamp at a garage sale that had a stretched band After fixing, it now it sits in the car toolbox for emergencies.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

When you take off your hat, you're supposed to turn off the lamps. Here's an easy way to remember: "Take OFF the hat, turn OFF the hat."

I've had my hat for over a year (Christmas before last) and it still works swell.

'Course you may work on more projects than I, or take more time on each project than I, or do your work only at night.

Reply to
HeyBub

Welding supply? I'll admit, I've never heard of that. Do they sell elastic straps for.... uh, for.... uh, what?

.

Buy some replacement bands at any welding supply shop. They are fairly cheap, and last a long time.

Joe

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Welding goggles silly boy. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That was a double tap, very effective. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Goggles are a bit wider than headlamp. Wonder if the strap would work?

Silly Boy Learn more about Jesus

.

Welding goggles silly boy. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, I know I'm dead.

Christ>>

That was a double tap, very effective. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just make sure the elastic isn't Chinese like the crap that came with the light - or get a velcro strap that will always fit and won't need sewing.

Reply to
clare