OT - Grammy's

Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last evening? When the youngsters were trying to simulate the Beach Boys sound they had nearly twenty musicians on the stage. the Beach Boys did it with five.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Nope didn't notice it at all. I chose to watch fear factor instead.

Reply to
Doug

Many of the groups of the past are getting respect for their sound with today's audience...I don't see were they have any relevance or appeal anymore. Sorry.

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Why? Just because they made excellent music with about a hundred dollars worth of equipment and can still do it?

Reply to
Steve Barker

I noticed 90% of the audience (including 100% of the men who had not gone bald)scratching their heads wondering: "who the hell are the Beach Boys."

Reply to
Kuskokwim

They came right after the Aristotle's and before the Socrates.

.

I noticed 90% of the audience (including 100% of the men who had not gone bald)scratching their heads wondering: "who the hell are the Beach Boys."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Doubt that....and the 75 y/o guy with Alzheimer's was fantastic. I'm not a frequent Grammy/Emmy/Oscar watcher, but the Grammys was heartbreaking. When my daughter was in high school, she went to a Beach Boys concert; Glen spotted her in the audience, called her up on stage (she didn't hesitate) and proceeded to chat with her about hitting the road with them! Glen had pretty good taste :o)

Reply to
Norminn

I was born the same month/year as Mick Jagger. It gets more and more curious wondering how long those old farts will keep going :o)

Reply to
Norminn