OT Good mid-range printer scanner

Exactly. HP had that down to a "science" on their inkjets: one board (the only real "value" in the product) on the back where it could be easily removed and the rest of the printer (virtually all plastic except for the rails for the carriage) can get binned.

"Hello, is this HP parts? I'd like to buy that tiny piece of plastic that holds the carriage during the paper advance cycle. You know, if's the little white thingy about the size of a paperclip... Whaddya mean, you don't sell it? A first class postage stamp has got to cost more than the whole damn thing??!"

Reply to
Don Y

On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 11:54:23 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote :

checking Consumer Reports, but also wanted some opinions from this august b ody. I don't need any fancy features such as double-sided, just good basic color and BW printing and scanning. Polite opinions invited.

I have a hp psc 2100 that I bought in 2003 that's never given me any proble ms over the years. It scans, prints, and copies. I printed a lot of Medicar e and Social Security stuff when I retired and just printed out my 2015 Fed eral and State income tax forms this week. I like to have a paper copy of t he important stuff in case the computer dies.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314