Drywall taping strategy

What are the relative pros/cons of tackling drywall/taping job in little pieces vs. the whole shebang? E.g., I can hang board, tape, skim coat, sand, etc. in a room-at-a-time before proceeding on to the next room. In that way, only having to protect the contents of one room at a time and still keep the majority of the house livable.

Or, get everything taped and then go on a sanding frenzy -- making one huge mess but then it's *done*. This, however, means covering EVERYTHING and living under plastic for a while.

The only kit I think would be affected is for applying corner bead. But, I think that's cheap enough that it could be purchased and not rented.

How does the strategy change when it comes to tackling the ceilings?

Reply to
Don Y

If you're actually living there at the time, I don't see how anything other than unoccupied room or two at a time is possible. How do you live under plastic drop cloths?

Reply to
trader_4

Rent one of these:

Scott Lurndal

I think I would be afraid to use it! It would seem like you'd have to have a practiced "touch" to avoid gouging and leaving UNEVEN results. Though, in the hands of someone skilled in the art, I would imagine it would make quick work of things!

Reply to
Don Y