OT: Getting your RealID driver's licenses?

I don't remember much of anything was hard when I list my wallet or many years later when it was stolen. In both cases DMV just duplicated the license I had before with little investigation. The lady did ask me about my tickets the last time because I was replacing my Florida license and I was confused about which tickets I had on my Maryland license.

Reply to
gfretwell

Birth certificate was no problem. The marriage certificate has my last name spelled wrong. The error was the church 53 years ago. Had to send away for a copy of the city record that was correct. $50 later it was fixed.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Montana has to do a skating act since it is against state law to implement RealID. Pay extra, get a gold star on your license.

Reply to
rbowman

I don't recall having to produce a birth certificate.

Reply to
rbowman

You're just afraid you'll have to do the walk of shame.

Damn good thing the stews, er, flight attendants were black too.

Reply to
rbowman

Yup. In fact, SSI contacted me and told me to file. It doesn't get any better after you turn 70 so you might as well.

I've got one. I think. It might be in the safe deposit box. If it is, I haven't seen it for about 30 years.

Reply to
rbowman

That reminds me. I bought a used car about 25 years ago from a girl.

When I went to pick it up, it wasn't going to be at her apartment but 12 miles away, in the other direction from me. (Not Towson but Edmondson Avenue.)

When I got there, it already had new plates. It turned out that her boyfriend was or was pretending to be a rental company and he owned the car, not her. Which was fine. Plus he got the plates for me. I don't think I even had to pay for them.

But on the registration, he had misspelled my name. My last name, iirc. I HAD FORGOTTEN BUT THAT'S WHY I COUDN'T GET MY REGISTRATION CARD REPLACED WHEN i LOST** MY WALLET. BECAUSE MY PASSPORT HAD MY ACTUAL NAME AND THE REGISTRATION WAS IN THE WRONG NAME. I tried to change it at that time to the correct name but they wouldn't let me.

So I gave in and I had the car for a total of 7 years in the wrong name, but when I got another car it was in the right name. I only got one piece of junk mail because of it, from some auto dealer. So I guess the DMV or MVA shared my "name" and address, but only that one time. Very strange.

**It might have been stolen in France from the car I had borrowed to go white water rafting. It was parked next to the river Dranze for a few hours. Something was stolen, probably the wallet.
Reply to
micky