OT: Flex fuel vs regular

Nope.

No one said anything about "subterfuge".

TWEET! Illegal goalpost motion!

If it can squeeze into the letter of the law, it's perfectly legal. The fact that (whatever) it (is) insults your lefty sensibilities is irrelevant.

Fraud should be prosecuted. Less than that, it's all in your imagination.

Reply to
krw

75% of property taxes, and more, is "huge".

Maybe tens of thousands of dollars a year is small to you but that's what 10-12A of prime land can cost. I call it "huge".

Reply to
krw

If Obama would get his boot off the neck of the oil and gas industry, it could easily be the way out of the fiscal mess we're in. The lefties would have a lot more money to play God with, but they're not smart enough to see it.

Reply to
krw

Whoa!!!! It appears you've got the two posters' positions reversed -- I wasn't the one who claimed insult...it was the other poster who was incensed over his sister using the ag land designation, not I; I merely pointed out that if he thought it wasn't within the letter of the law to point it out to the local assessor for review/compliance.

Reply to
dpb

Land cost, sure. Btu "10(s) of K$/yr" for taxes only, though? That is some high-priced RE indeed. A few thou for residential or commercial I can see.

Would seem all the more reason the local assessor's office would be eager to ensure they're not being scammed if there is such, though...

Reply to
dpb

That's possible. First, oil production has increased during the Obama administration, though not dramatically so. Wildly granting drilling permits in wildlife refuges is obviously not going to happen under a Democratic administration. The big increases are now coming from hydraulic fracking. So we'll soon be importing water, not oil. Also, the existing wells in Alaska are not being operated at anywhere close to capacity since there is no upside, either economically or politically, in doing so.

The bigger issue is refining capacity. At least in the west, oil companies have been closing refineries in order to limit supply and boost prices. They won't simply sell a "surplus" refinery to another operator because that would not have the effect of limiting supply. Of course the oil companies are not the only industry that does this sort of thing. In my city, when Whole Foods build a new store across the street from their old store, but put a deed restriction in the sale of the old store that it could not house a supermarket.

The other reason we'll become a net exporter is because of increased fuel economy of new cars. The Obama administrations new fuel economy standards, even if they end up being slightly relaxed, are going to be the biggest contributor. Even though the more fuel efficient vehicles will cost more, the extra cost will be far more than recovered through lower spending on fuel.

Reply to
sms

Governor Romney shot back, saying: ?Oil production is is down 14 percent this year on federal land, and gas production was down 9 percent. Why? Because the president cut in half the number of licenses and permits for drilling on federal lands, and in federal waters.?

Read more:

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

The Wall Street Journal recently reported that Obama?s Interior Department just banned drilling on 11.5 million acres of petroleum reserve:

President Obama is campaigning as a champion of the oil and gas boom he?s had nothing to do with, and even as his regulators try to stifle it. The latest example is the Interior Department?s little-noticed August decision to close off from drilling nearly half of the 23.5 million acre National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon