OT few free calendars for 2018?

Unusually, I've only gotten two calendars this year, from my home insurance agency and a charity fishing for contributions. No religious or the other usual calendars. Same elsewhere?

On 12/23/17 10:15 AM, KenK wrote:

It's been years since I've gotten the free ones. Maybe it's because I don't spend enough money. The local businesses are generally parts or franchises of a chain. My Dad was a farmer who retired about 1980 or so. He used to get calendars, rain gauges, hats, pens, and whatever from the various seed and equipment dealers. Everyone knew everyone though. They might bump into each other at church, a high school ballgame, or in a downtown store. I work for a farm related business. My bosses get calendars from the businesses they do business with but don't give out any "free" stuff. I remember talking with a woman who was a bit irate because we didn't hand out stuff. There's still a week to go.
On 12/23/2017 11:34 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Our plumber sent us one as did one of my schools. To get others my wife gathers them. She got a couple from Wells Fargo Bank and a pizza shop. Sometimes it takes her a couple of trips as these folks don't maintain a big supply.
On 12/23/2017 12:10 PM, Frank wrote:

How many do you use? We find one to be enough.
On 12/23/2017 12:46 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have one main calendar in my den which I use for all appointments and also have one in the bedroom where I record my weight and one in the shop part of the basement. My wife uses 3 for about the same things. We could probably just get by with one each for essentials. If not for the freebees I'd probably make one on the computer. I think MS Word has a program for any year.
On 12/23/17 12:47 PM, Frank wrote:

What Frank didn't mention is his house is so big that it takes two days to walk from one end to the other.
On 12/23/2017 5:33 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Not quite true but wife and I each have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a fireplace apiece. Then there is a landline and cell phone for each of us, not to mention our 5 TV's. But, she does complain about utility bills.
On 12/23/2017 7:38 PM, Frank wrote:

We're close. More stuff than anyone needs. bedroom and office, and sewing room 2 bathrooms Shared land line but each has a cell 5 TVs 5 computers 3 eReaders 2 refrigerators, 1 freezer, 2 wine refrigerators (1 for red at 64 deg, 1 for white at 47 deg) Cheap electric bill is $120. Only 1 car now, she has not driven in 6 years.
On 12/23/2017 8:01 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

We still both drive and each have cars with 2 car garage. Electric bill was $135 today but triple play cable much higher.
On 12/23/2017 7:01 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

  We're at the other end of the spectrum , our house is basically 3 rooms - we do have 2 bathrooms . 1 phone line and no cell or TV reception reception so all our communications is over the one landline . There are several computers though ... and we each have a truck or SUV and a Harley.
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
On 12/23/2017 12:47 PM, Frank wrote:

  Microsloth Oaffice/Publisher has a bunch of calendar templates . I used one this morning to print one for the wife to write down her work schedule .
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
On 12/26/2017 1:53 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Yes, there are a bunch of them. Unfortunately they would be 8 1/2 X 11 and I like something bigger to make notes on. Well Fargo calendar I will use next year is 14 X 11.
On 12/26/2017 6:13 PM, Frank wrote:

  Write smaller ... we find the 8.5x11 does OK for us , though like you say sometimes larger would be better . All we use it for is her work schedule and I put the stickers for the dog's meds (flea/heartworm) on it .
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
On 12/23/2017 10:46 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

One works for me:
~ $cal 12 2017 December 2017 Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I do buy one for work after they go on sale after New Year. I prefer pictures of wolves. They give me inspiration when I feel like tearing someone's throat out.
On Saturday, December 23, 2017 at 10:34:32 AM UTC-6, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I used to get a free calendar from my insurance agent. But they were extremely cheap and on slick paper and no where to write an appointment. Drugstores, at least here, used to give out nice calendars but I haven't seen one being passed out in 40 years. But all my medications are filled online so maybe that's why I haven't seen one.
I just buy one now at Office Depot or Staples and make it into a dry-erase calendar.
On 12/23/2017 4:02 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

My wife just got one from her church but there was no room to make notes as it was full of holy days and church events.
There were years when she took pictures of kids and grand kids and went to Staples and had calendars made. It was not that expensive and she had copies made for all our families.
On 12/23/2017 8:15 AM, KenK wrote:

https://www.vertex42.com/calendars/2018.html