OT. Fat Ford

The battery for the new Ford F 150 weighs in at over 1800 pounds. A conventional pickup's 5.0 liter V8 and 10 speed transmission weigh in at less than 700 pounds.

It's supposed to be unveiled on May 19th.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

All fully electric vehicles carry around at least a half a ton of batteries.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

That is probably an $8,000-$9,000 part (plus $500+ for labor) too with an expected life of about 8 years . I bet 2021 F-150 EV will be pretty cheap in 2030. In our recent car search we looked at hybrids and EVs. The price falls off a cliff at around 8 years if it is still the original battery.

Reply to
gfretwell