OT: eMail and responses

Hi All,

If you will suffer an off topic observations: have you guys noticed that it is now unusual for your eMail to get responded to? info@somecompany. "Contact" is just a waste of time. Writing a friend? Asking a customer about some issue they wanted you to look into?

And vendors that I write, if they even read my eMail, only read the first half of the first sentence? (I had to dump a sales guy at a major vendor over the constant back and forth, back and forth, because he would not read what I wrote.)

It seems that lately, only about 1/3 of eMail I send gets responded to. And much worse since the commie flu?

You guys seeing this too?

-T

Yup.

Got repeated email failure bounce-back error messages clicking on the "send to" link on Panasonic/Eneloop Battery's website.

And several emails send via the Kidde website making a warranty claim on the third 10-year smoke alarm that failed within 18 months have gone unanswered. Phone calls are met with interminable hold times.

Costco had a sale on First Alert brand smoke alarms so I bought several to replace the crappy Kidde ones. Kidde quality has really gone to hell since they were purchased by the Carrier air conditioning company a while back...

Reply to
Wade Garrett

No problems here. Maybe people just don't like you?

Reply to
trader_4

I don't deal with vendors, but I do send a "newsletter" occasionally, maybe 4 times a year, to about 20 family and friends, when I find enough things that are worth repeating. One woman, the wife of a friend, consistently replies, even if it's only one word, and about 3 others frequenty, but that's it.

If you're off topic, I can be off off topic. I've noticed that doctors don't get back to me. I could be dying and they're playing golf.

I only mean doctors I have not seen before.

About 4 months ago I needed a new endrocrinologist. I found one and called and got a recording. It said to leave a message but only one time. They were busy so they couldn't call back right away. This was Wednesday or Thursday at 3PM. Since they didn't call by Friday at 5, I called again at midnight on Saturday. Got a different set of recordings that said they'd call back in one business day. I haven't heard from them yet.

Then this past Monday I called a new gastroenterologist and left a message for the receptionist. The one "for new patients". Her recording said she'd call back in 24 hours. Called again 25 hours later, Tuesday. Same message from her and I left another message. 24 hours after that, Wednesday, I chose another option and left a message for the particular doctor I wanted, and Wednesday night I used their computer form to request an appointment with him. Now it's Friday at noon, and I haven't heard a peep from them.

Is there some way I can find out what golf club they play at and write them there?

Reply to
micky

My results are mixed. It does influence my buying decisions tho. If your company doesn't want to talk to me, I don't want to give you my money. I did have a good experience with Flexstone, a bathroom shower enclosure product. The parent company is Design Imaging in Orem Utah. They answered their phone and responded to E-mail. I got a damaged panel from Lowes who was useless about it, not really sure what I should do. They were going to get back to me. I called the company. Flexstone expedited the new panel to me, FedEx for free and I had it in about 5 days. It came in on a giant pallet, not the cardboard box Lowes sent me. I never did get a call back from Lowes.

Reply to
gfretwell

1++++++++

They don't want to talk to you on a sales call, their warranty service will be non existent.