OT Damned txt messages come at the worst time!

A "Black Widow" suicide bomber planned a terrorist attack in central Moscow on New Year's Eve but was killed when an unexpected text message set off her bomb too early, according to Russian security sources.

The unnamed woman, who is thought to be part of the same group that struck Moscow's Domodedovo airport on Monday, intended to detonate a suicide belt near Red Square on New Year's Eve in an attack that could have killed hundreds.

Security sources believe a message from her mobile phone operator wishing her a happy new year received just hours before the planned attack triggered her suicide belt, killing her at a safe house.

Happy New Year! Boom!

Gotta love it.

RicodJour

Well.... I don't know how they would know that, but I don't care. If I were doing that, someone would probably call me to wish me luck, then *bang*.

Great story, and I will be repeating it all day!

Thanks -

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I think that a telemarketer of some sort would be funny too..or a robocall fundraiser?

Reply to
Robatoy

A JDL fund raiser txt? And the message:

Oopsie! ;)

RicodJour

Here's another:

"[POKHARA, Nepal] A retired Indian Gorkha soldier recently revisited those glory days when he thwarted 40 robbers, killing three of them and injuring eight others, with his khukuri [ceremonial knife] during a train journey."

Evidently the reporter made a mistake in referring to the Ghurka as "retired." From the looks of it, Ghurkas are like Marines - once a Ghurka, always a Ghurka. There's no "retired" to it!

Reply to
HeyBub

Woot! Taking on 40 guys with a knife. 40 armed guys. And he fought them for 20 minutes. With a knife.

The guy is a real life Walker Texas Ranger without the bad haircut. I would imagine that Bishnu Shrestha's tailor has one _hell_ of a time getting the guy's pants to fit around those enormous balls!

I knew the Ghurkas have a fearsome reputation, and apparently it's well deserved. There's a video on YouTube showing a kukri in action which I couldn't post in good conscience. Warning! It is not for the faint of heart.

RicodJour

Find me a LazyURL that does it automatically, and I'll use it. I'd look meself, but, well, I'm lazy. ;)

RicodJour

Thanx.

Note it's always a new nickname that spouts the garbage. The rest want to discuss woodworking, here.

TDD

Reply to
Josepi

Hi DD I see you have seen the resident ass of rec.woodworking. Just like old Stormy in a.h.r (and a few others we have run across in our usenet travels), clueless, the clue-by-four upside the head hasn't worked yet.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

What up Frozz? I noticed the guy top posted, don't know him or haven't directed any discussion at him/her/it. What is it a wooden version of Hatter? I just noticed the posts were linked to rec.working, not my doing, I really didn't pay attention but If the scalawag want's to claim ownership of a newsgroup, I could play, I kind of miss Lord Gurglrflop anyway. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas