OT Cursed out three times today

Bad day for the telemarketers today. Some days I get bored and have too much time so I play with the callers. So far today, two calls to lower my interest rate on credit cards. I always ask, can I still use the card while you are processing this? They always say yes. My reply is, "good because your mother is coming tomorrow and after sex I want to pay her the $10 with Visa.

Usually, they curse me and hang up. Had one that must have called before, he just cursed me out.

Every day for two weeks I get a call about affordable health insurance. They have a few simple questions and then ask my name. I say the last name with a French pronunciation "ja blah may" They ask for the spelling. First name, Heywood, last name Jablowme. Takes a while for them to figure it out but a couple get it right away.

Yesterday I had a call from an agent from Social Security. Seems my number was used to rent a car in Texas and the police found it with drugs. My name is also use to transfer thousand of dollars out of the country for drug cartels. Yes, Mr. Jablowme your social security and bank accounts are being frozen and police may arrest you within the hour. After 40 minutes, they wanted me to go to the bank to get my money out, but stay on the phone while I do. Finally, at that point I was done playing and said, hey just arrest me and save a trip to the bank, its raining outside. Click.

At least while I took their time they were not scamming anyone else.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

My wife gets pissed at me when I do that . Actually , as a general rule I don't answer unless the number is familiar . If it's really important they can leave a message and I'll call back . Very few do ...

Reply to
Snag

My wife gets pissed at me when I say things like, I am having trouble understanding you. Is there a white person there I can speak to?

I once strung out a guy pretending to be a befuddled old man which is easy for me to do. After a while I told him that I was just wasting his time. He told me that I was an old man and did not have a lot of time to waste.

He was right. Now it's just a go f*ck yourself and a hangup.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Puns don't work with the ESL crowd.

Reply to
rbowman

When I'm bored and feeling perverse, it's fun stringing them along.

One of my favorites is the barely intelligible caller from "Microsoft Windows Tech Support" warning me that their server identified a virus on my computer. This is followed with instructions about what web site to go to, what remote control app to download and what personal info to enter.

I'd shine them on for a while and then ask why Microsoft is calling me since I'm on a Mac.

I guess if they're as perverse as I am, they could post my phone number on some scammers' hot prospect/real suckers list website and I'd get phone-bombed.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 17:30:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

Good work. One time I did that and the scammer spoofed my number. I got a number of calls but truly the most heartbreaking one was from an elderly lady who was volunteering ALL of her info including her SS#. This is how these urchins persist. It must be lucrative in some way for it to continue. The feds could do something about it but the telcos have them in their pockets. Hold on while I answer the phone, it's a local #.

Reply to
Tekkie©

That's pretty good.

Lately I've been calling them liars and hanging up (or thieves)

But then I realized, what if I did what nnnn Card Services wanted me to? What do they want? Are they selling something or actually stealing from their suckers? Anyone know?

Anyhow, I base my "liars" on the caller id name which is always a lie.

Reply to
micky

I never got all the way through the pitch but the one who called me wanted me to refinance my credit card debt. They were not clear at what the interest rate would be and whether there was a surprise down the road. I don't have a credit card bill so I wasn't interested enough to listen any longer. They are script monkeys so asking questions out of sequence is a waste of time, at least for the call taker. I am guessing they hand off a live one to a closer.

Reply to
gfretwell

I have been embarrassed on occasion by picking up the phone and saying something like, "What the f*ck do you want?" to find it is a legitimate call.

Reply to
invalid unparseable