OT: Complaints about lack of PPE!?

Why are people grumbling the government won't give teachers PPE masks? You can get them online for a fiver for goodness sake. What next, buy socks for them?

Commander Kinsey wrote:

Prick.

Have you turned left wing?

Pounder needs it at his age.

I blame feminism.

Because they provide significant protection, that's why medical professionals wear them.

They arent required to provide their own biros etc.

Ebay. 5. Not the end of the world, since you're required to pay for the petrol to drive to work.

I was at Sky. That was not one of the things I was annoyed about.

Biros and sharpies are much cheaper.

You are free to walk or ride a bike.

Yep, you always were a terminal fuckwit.

Yes, and I don't mind buying those either. Has anyone ever taken their employer to court over no pens?

Not when most people commute a distance requiring 1-2 hours of cycling each way, and the employer would not be happy when you turned up soaking wet.

You missed my point. Do you seriously think Sky was in breach of contract for not giving me a pen? I got irritated by the lack of pens and childish people grumbling so I would often take in a box of 50 and place it in the centre of the table.

More fool you.

Those don't stop you being killed by the work situation, stupid.

Most teachers don't.

Trivially fixed.

Nope, you never had a point.

Irrelevant to what can kill you at work.

Yep, you always were a terminal fuckwit.

Why would I care about 10p items?

They stop you doing your job.
And as I've already said a fiver won't break the bank, just buy your own mask, like you buy your own shirt.

ol to

They do here. I knew of one who could have walked in about 10 minutes, one who occasionally cycled in 15 minutes, everyone else had to drive in.

On whose time?

buy

The point is below.

e a

But I can simply pay 5 and not be killed. My health, my choice.

le.

And you call me a scrounger....

Because the employer should be providing what is needed.

No they don't.

You need more than one, stupid.

Nothing like.

BULLSHIT.

Not for that long they didn't.

Far less than the travel time.

Nope, there is no point below.

Wrong, as always.

Wrong, as always.

Because that's what you are currently doing, parasite.
On 22/05/2020 20:59, Rod Speed wrote:

There seems to be a lot of crap masks being sold at premium prices. The masks people seem to wearing in public are not even suitable for dust protection let alone virus protection. Many of the Chinese sellers of such items seem to have disappeared from Amazon etc. presumably after complaints from people who have purchased such items.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Yeah, that's what I meant in a later one.

Yep, no attempt to get a proper seal to the face,

< disappeared from Amazon etc. presumably after complaints < from people who have purchased such items.
Yep. He hates amazon, forget why now.

5 ain't premium.

dust

Ah but Chinese face no same shape as big tall Caucasian! You no blame us for your funny head!

Because Ebay is easier to use. I like it's search functions. I like how easy it is to return stuff if it's faulty. I like how I can very easily see the feedback of a seller.
wrote

They arent worth anything like that.

Doesn't need to be.

Nothing funny about my head, chinky.

That's bullshit with the 1-click buys.

I have it, ebay is much easier to be completely rigorous.

Amazon is much better in that regard.

Amazon is much better because its just for the item you are considering buying.

There may be cheaper ones (especially if you buy a pack of them), I just had a quick look to buy some online and saw them at 5 to 10 for single ones. Which is cheap enough not to moan your employer isn't giving them away. But then teachers on their high wages with huge holidays still want more....

So it's a magical mask that changes shape before your very eyes?

You look very funny to us superior beings. You also grow pubic hair on your chest you silly neanderthal.

1 click is silly. On Ebay I type in a keyword or three, then narrow it down saying I want a certain speed, size, colour, price, etc.

What do you mean?

Can't get better than Ebay. I just bought some 2nd hand memory for a server. It arrived greasy and on a bag which was not anti-static. I tried it anyway, in two machines, and both failed the power on memory test. I simply clicked "return item", then typed in why, and it printed off a freepost label. I stuck it on the parcel it arrived in and shoved it in the post box round the corner. When it arrived the money went back to my account.

I want feedback on the seller, not the item.
wrote

Pity they don't work.

Pity they don't work. Pity that what your employer gives you does and that they are legally liable if they don't.

They are in fact legally entitled to proper PPE.

Nope, it changes shape when you put it on. Because human faces vary considerably.

You lot are inferior beings, chinky.
You lot couldn't even manage to invent the industrial revolution, or computers either, or anything else except foot binding and stupid little pictures instead of real words.

Taint pubic hair, chinky.

Works much better than farting around the ebay way.

With amazon you can select the brands you want too.

You can require that the hit must have a particular keyword or must not have a particular keyword.

Wrong, as always.

Much less farting around with amazon, particularly with stuff that never arrived.

More fool you.

How do you know they're no good unless you catch Corona?
Anyway I thought all any of these masks did was to catch airbourne dampness, eg cough particles. Nothing is fine enough to block a virus.
wrote

Its obvious when there is no seal around the face.

You are as wrong about that as everything else.

Wrong, as always.