OT: Complaints about lack of PPE!?

Why are people grumbling the government won't give teachers PPE masks? You can get them online for a fiver for goodness sake. What next, buy socks for them?
Reply to
Commander Kinsey
Commander Kinsey wrote
Because they provide significant protection, that's why medical professionals wear them.
They arent required to provide their own biros etc.
Reply to
Rod Speed
On Fri, 22 May 2020 18:38:18 +0100, Rod Speed = wrote:
Ebay. =A35. Not the end of the world, since you're required to pay for= the petrol to drive to work.
I was at Sky. That was not one of the things I was annoyed about.
Reply to
Commander Kinsey
Commander Kinsey wrote
Biros and sharpies are much cheaper.
You are free to walk or ride a bike.
Yep, you always were a terminal fuckwit.
Reply to
Rod Speed
On Fri, 22 May 2020 20:59:06 +0100, Rod Speed = wrote:
Yes, and I don't mind buying those either. Has anyone ever taken their = employer to court over no pens?
Not when most people commute a distance requiring 1-2 hours of cycling e= ach way, and the employer would not be happy when you turned up soaking = wet.
You missed my point. Do you seriously think Sky was in breach of contra= ct for not giving me a pen? I got irritated by the lack of pens and chi= ldish people grumbling so I would often take in a box of 50 and place it= in the centre of the table.
Reply to
Commander Kinsey
Commander Kinsey wrote
More fool you.
Those don't stop you being killed by the work situation, stupid.
Most teachers don't.
Trivially fixed.
Nope, you never had a point.
Irrelevant to what can kill you at work.
Yep, you always were a terminal fuckwit.
Reply to
Rod Speed
On Fri, 22 May 2020 21:43:35 +0100, Rod Speed = wrote:
Why would I care about 10p items?
They stop you doing your job.
And as I've already said a fiver won't break the bank, just buy your own= mask, like you buy your own shirt.
They do here. I knew of one who could have walked in about 10 minutes, = one who occasionally cycled in 15 minutes, everyone else had to drive in= .
On whose time?
The point is below.
But I can simply pay =A35 and not be killed. My health, my choice.
And you call me a scrounger....
Reply to
Commander Kinsey
Commander Kinsey wrote
Because the employer should be providing what is needed.
No they don't.
You need more than one, stupid.
Nothing like.
BULLSHIT.
Not for that long they didn't.
Far less than the travel time.
Nope, there is no point below.
Wrong, as always.
Wrong, as always.
Because that's what you are currently doing, parasite.
Reply to
Rod Speed
There seems to be a lot of crap masks being sold at premium prices. The masks people seem to wearing in public are not even suitable for dust protection let alone virus protection. Many of the Chinese sellers of such items seem to have disappeared from Amazon etc. presumably after complaints from people who have purchased such items.
Reply to
alan_m
alan_m wrote
Yeah, that's what I meant in a later one.
Yep, no attempt to get a proper seal to the face,
< disappeared from Amazon etc. presumably after complaints < from people who have purchased such items.
Yep. He hates amazon, forget why now.
Reply to
Rod Speed
On Fri, 22 May 2020 23:35:41 +0100, alan_m wrot= e:
How do you know they're no good unless you catch Corona?
Anyway I thought all any of these masks did was to catch airbourne dampn= ess, eg cough particles. Nothing is fine enough to block a virus.
Reply to
Commander Kinsey
On Sat, 23 May 2020 00:41:34 +0100, Rod Speed = wrote:
=A35 ain't premium.
Ah but Chinese face no same shape as big tall Caucasian! You no blame u= s for your funny head!
Because Ebay is easier to use. I like it's search functions. I like ho= w easy it is to return stuff if it's faulty. I like how I can very easi= ly see the feedback of a seller.
Reply to
Commander Kinsey
Its obvious when there is no seal around the face.
You are as wrong about that as everything else.
Wrong, as always.
Reply to
Rod Speed
They arent worth anything like that.
Doesn't need to be.
Nothing funny about my head, chinky.
That's bullshit with the 1-click buys.
I have it, ebay is much easier to be completely rigorous.
Amazon is much better in that regard.
Amazon is much better because its just for the item you are considering buying.
Reply to
Rod Speed
alan_m expressed precisely :
Sneakers don't make good hammers either. The purpose of these is not PPE.
Yes, there's always someone willing to make a buck on other's misery.
Reply to
FromTheRafters
On Sat, 23 May 2020 01:00:23 +0100, Rod Speed = wrote:
rote:
Maybe your face is a funny shape. Maybe you could just bend it.
Then do feel free to write in the correct answer. If you know it that i= s.
Tell me the diameter of a virus.
Reply to
Commander Kinsey
Nope, and I'm not talking about my face anyway.
Doesn't make a seal.
That the best masks do trap plenty of virus that isnt in cough particles, that's why surgeons wear them, stupid.
Irrelevant to what rigorous scientific tests prove.
Reply to
Rod Speed

Site Timeline Threads

  • which is best when caulking something? Pushing or pulling?? Which kind of...

    Home Repair