OT-- Chainsaw recommendations

JD-branded, yes...the one I have was Dad's and is at least 30 years old and while not used all that often where trees don't grow :), it's still working well...now for the life of me I can't even recall which manufacturer it was altho got some small replacement parts just last summer. Here JD-everything is a good option where we don't have much else for service/parts locally and those that do have tend not last--they'll be a JD dealer here for as long as I'm around, I'm sure...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I hope the borrower bought you another saw. But I suspect s/he did not.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Once a year or so when I need a saw, my Homelite PS-33 works nicely. Rebuilt unit, and got it at Sam's Club. About $130. Not great, but it's good fun the once in awhile I use it.

Last summer, my church had a work project. I learned that I need to check the chain tension every time I gas up. Somewhere into the second tank, it threw the chain. Ah, well. I wasn't the only fellow there who threw a chain, so it didn't feel so bad.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, maybe some are now...I know the one I have isn't, but it's probably approaching 30 yr old by now...as noted, I don't recall which was the parts replacement, but it

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Reply to
TEAM 3M