OT Cell phone keep check balance

I love high tech gadgets. Although I make very few phone calls I would love to have a smart phone, but because I have little practical use for one, I have a dumb phone. Even the dumb phones are useful. I use the calculator and the stopwatch. It would be nice to be able to add and subtract from a running balance. Because I am on a fixed income, it would also be nice to have it add to the total monthly automatically.

BTW if I knew of an active cell phone group I would use it, but there doesn't seem to be one.

Reply to
Metspitzer

I think what you want is a PRE-PAID cell phone. You only pay for the minutes you use, and you can add minutes when you run low, or when you can afford it. There is no monthly bill.

You can purchase pre-paid cell phones off the rack at Walmart or any number of other stores. Another advantage is that your kids can buy you cell minutes on gift cards which you can add to your account. Great for birthdays, christmas, mother's/father's day, anniversaries, etc.. If you play your cards right you will NEVER have to pay for cell service again.

There are hundreds of active cell phone forums online.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Well, tell him some of them!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

Or just 1. An active group, for my purpose, is a group that has more than three non-spam posts per week.

The phone I use is on a family package. I get 210 min per month for

11 bucks. Being able to keep a running total of your checking account was just a novel idea for dumb phones. If I really needed it, I would get a smart phone.

Smart phones are really cool. I want one, I just don't need one. I play spades almost daily at Yahoo games. We have players on there now that are playing from their phones.

Reply to
Metspitzer