OT camera battery

Have Fuji digital Finepix. This thing is known for eating up batteries.

Bought a replacement off eBay. Won't hold a charge like the original.

Suggestions of where to buy a battery welcome.

Reply to
Herbert Mull

But call them to discuss the issue before ordering. They're actually knowledgable. And, I assume (probably incorrectly) that you've already spoken with Fuji about this.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Likewise, I tried to save money on my 10 yr old Canon Powershot camera battery. The cheapo batteries were crap. like you say. I paid for a Canon OEM battery at 4 times the cheapo cost, but got a good battery. You get what you pay for.

I also went through B&H photo.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Have you tried Radio Shack?

or Interstate Battery

Dean Hoffman

(Two Egg, Florida)

Or find a local store at this link........

Batteries Plus:

Oren

That's why I'm happy that I've never bought a camera that takes anything other than AAs. [well- not since that Ricoh in 83 that took 4 wafer batteries that were near impossible to find]

I've got a couple dozen NiMH AAs that recycle through the chargers as necessary. Every couple years I buy 4 batteries. No time/money wasted trying to find some exotic battery that will be useless when, the week after I buy it, the gadget bites the dust.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Any reputable vendor should have fresh ones. I've used

for some.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Froogle will help find sellers.

Beyond that, not much I can add. The batteries look a bit like the ones my Motorola V-120 cell phone took. they last about 4 or 5 years with use.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The model number must be missing from the camera? There must be

50 current and past models with the Finepix name. They don't all use the same type of battery.
Reply to
tnom

If you provide information like whether the battery is nimh, nicad, or alkaline, we might be able to help a little more.............................

Reply to
Steve B

Or, as a friend of mine did, took his Nikon to Mazatlan, and discovered he'd left his charger at home. Batteries were $50, and chargers the same. I had my reliable AA nimh batteries and charger.

But HIS was a Nikon, and a lot better than mine, although we did not ever get to compare picture quality.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

They do if you make AA size a priority when shopping for cameras ....................

Reply to
Steve B