OT: buying used pick up

if it sounds too good to be true........

It smells like a scam to me in spades, ask to go look at it and test drive, if you get a song and dance about why you can't then run the other way

See if the above link sounds familiar

PV

Reply to
PV

What if you are buying a duck? :-)

Reply to
willshak

Just make sure it's all it's "quacked" up to be.

Reply to
Conner

Bonnie,

WorldPay, a part of The Royal Bank of Scotland, does not do vehicle transactions and certainly won't get involved in shipping this truck across State lines. This is a scam.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

"Conner" wrote in news:48051e3d$0$30151$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

How does anyone know if there are proper emmission controls on it? Something doesn't sit right with this.

Reply to
Stephen King

Kelly Blue Book value for an '01 Tacoma has to be _at_least_ double that price, unless it has something really badly wrong with it. Check it out yourself at kbb.com .

Asking price is less than half of what the vehicle is actually worth, assuming that everything you're told about its condition is the truth.

Seller wants you to send the money by wire transfer before you ever see the truck... which is in another state.

You mean it _doesn't_ sound like a scam to you?? It sure as hell does to me.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Thanks again guys.We won't be pursuing this "deal".

bonnie

Reply to
Bonnie

Sounds like a recent iteration of a well-documented scam. See the following page entitled "Craigslist scams":

Erma1ina

"Stephen King" wrote

No. "Something" does not describe this situation. Many many things do not sit right with this.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I think you made the "right" choice. Look around and buy one you can see and touch and inspect the paperwork.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

DEFINITELY

Reply to
Rudy

: >> ...We are in OK, the car is in AL. : >>

: >> Does this sound like a scam to you? : : DEFINITELY

I found another "great deal" yesterday, again on Craigslist. A too-good-to-be-true pick up. We wrote to him. The car is in OK, he is in LA. Wants to have the deal go through eBay. Told him we are not interested.

Reply to
Bonnie

From Joe E. Brown maybe?

Jeff