I've been using an external modem**
and last night 2 or 3 times I got
connection speeds of 4800. Not 48,000 but 4800! I think my first
modem was 4800.
Today I couldn't connect at all. It said no modem. I turned it off**
and turned it back on. No good.
Turned it off from 90 minutes, and it worked again. Got to wonder
what will happen tomorrow. :)
*I should have been turning it off when I turned off the computer.
I could have plugged it into the UPS even, but after a few days I just
started leaving it on, for months.
because for some reason I couldn't get two internal modems to work,
one that had been working the previous day on another mobo and one
that was new.
I don't have another external modem and don't want to buy one when I
have 3 internal modems. Maybe I can get one of them to work.