(OT) Bed liner over wood, polyurethane

I've recently built a pair of speaker enclosures using ¾" A/C plywood. They have one coat of MinWax clear satin polyurethane on them now, and I'm considering spraying them with Dupli-Color truck bedliner coating. There's no mention on the Dupli-Color of spraying over poly, but it does say the dry coating may be painted. I used plywood rather than high density particle board as a weight saving measure as this is a 'portable' DJ system.

My question (finally) is whether or not the coating is suitable for wood/poly. I'm looking for durability, appearance is secondary. Anybody tried anything similar, or have any better ideas? TIA

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Easy's getting harder everyday

Reply to
PanHandler