OT: Bad advice for DIY projects

"A Miami Gardens [Florida} woman who wanted to enhance her buttocks was severely injured by a self-proclaimed doctor who injected her with a mix of toxins and sealed it up with glue."

"Morris, a self-proclaimed doctor, injected a concoction of ?fix-a-flat?? ? cement, mineral oil and Super Glue ? into the woman?s buttocks, police said."

Caution: Photo is NOT the victim:

Reply to
Oren

Hi, Very deserving for their ignorance. Up here in Vancouver a self proclaimed healer w/o any medical knowledge or training gave a woman high dose of Arsenic repeatedly causing here become quadriplegic. Big candidates for Darwin awards.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Agree, that sounds like a DIY gone wrong.

There was one, years ago. woman thought she wasn't beautiful, so she injected cooking oil into her cheeks. More, and more. Really inflated herself a lot.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

One of the customers where my wife works is a painter. Somehow he screwed up one of his tools and had paint injected in his hand, filling his arm with paint. They had to leave it open so it would drain. A real mess and they don't know if he'll ever work again.

Reply to
krw

Some do. They married them.

Also, it's a cultural thing. A couple of years ago I read where Australia had run completely out of 1,000cc breast implants. Had to import container loads from the U.S.

Reply to
HeyBub

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I see a chance for another Stephen Gass ...

Reply to
Han

Please no! The world doesn't need a, government mandated, $3500 paint roller.

Reply to
krw

Andy comments

Fortunately, we had a surplus of the smaller sizes........

Reply to
Andy

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Exactly ...

Reply to
Han

Maybe his choice of sleeping locations explains why he gets run over every 30 seconds.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Maybe his choice of sleeping locations explains why he gets run over every 30 seconds.

That's funny ... but almost happened to me. I was stationed at Fort Hood, Tx in the 70s and was given Principal Automotive Equipment Operator ( truck driving ) as an MOS. I took a bunch of troops out to the field for maneuvers and it was to be for a few days. I was into astronomy at the time and the sky was so clear and full of stars that you could hardly find the Big Dipper. I picked a spot with a good view of the sky, rolled my sleeping bag out and enjoyed an hour before falling asleep. I awoke to some huge commotion, lights and engines roaring and guys screaming at me. Unbeknownst to me the spot that I had chosen between the trees was the same that a truck convoy had chosen as a road. I'm just glad that the lead driver had his eyes on where he was going at that moment. They stopped about 20 feet before running me over.

Reply to
Forrest

If you had gotten run over would the official cause of death have been listed as Friendly Tire?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

.

We had a local case here where a guy camped out...well, unrolled his sleeping bag.. and got run over by one of those big farm tractors. Unfortunately the spot he picked was a field entrance and he was hidden in the grass.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K