OT. Affordable Connectivity Program

The Feds help pay for internet connection.

OR. <tinyurl.com/ynff2w96>

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

The "Feds" don't pay for anything. You and I do!

Reply to
Wade Garrett

And they take their cut for moving the money from us to others. They make a few rules for the recipients also. Eventually people depend on the moved money. The money movers get to be boss. Money is power. “Money is the great power today. Men sell their souls for it. Women sell their bodies for it. Others worship it. The money power has grown so great that the issue of all issues is whether the corporation shall rule this country or the country shall again rule the corporations” — Joseph Pulitzer

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Amazing. We are unique in all history. I'm sure that sort of thing never happened in ancient Sumeria, or any other time since.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

iirc, Hesiod was bitching about it around 700 BCE... otoh, considering the number of failed civilizations that litter history, the Jeremiahs are right some of the time.

Reply to
rbowman