Opinion of Poulan Snow Blower - 11HP

Anyone have one of these or have some info to share? It is selling for $1499.00 at Costco (Canada). See it here:

It's the Poulan Pro with:

11 HP overhead valve Tecumseh Snow King engine, 2 stage. Electric start Clearing width: 30 inch Intake height: 23 inch 16 in. x 6.5 inch tires 1,250 RPM impeller speed

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
usenetr2000

Tecumseh is the lowest quality motor.

Reply to
ransley

It seems overpriced to me by about double.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

The Poulan's I've seen in Minnesota seem to have plenty of steel parts and that's good. I'm surprised at how many snow throwers have plastic chutes these days. The bigger the engine the better. I've had a Spirit (Canadian) for 22 years with tracks, lots of steel and an 8 HP Tecumseh Snow King engine, and it's still going strong (fingers crossed). The only thing I've done to the engine is rebuild the carb (last year). I've replaced and re-built some of the other parts (bearings, etc) over the years as we get a fair amount of snow and it takes a beating. I wish they still made them.

When I replace mine I'll probably get a Poulan like you're describing. If you've got a standard residential driveway it should be good to go.

I better start mine up before the snow flies and see if it runs (knock on wood).

dss

Reply to
dss

Sounds like mine. I would have to dig it out from under the summers accumulation to check. I bought last winter and except for a few quality control issues on first unpacking it worked just fine. All chute adjustments are done from the handlebars so you don't have to stop to change the 'throw' direction/range.

The manual I got didn't quite come up to snuff on the set-up. Didn't mention that you have to reverse the wheels fromt he packed postion, some of the control cable connections/runs weren't clear, no phone/ email given to contact the company - just a snail mail address.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Addition - Poulan is now owned by Husqvarna.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Addition - Poulan is now owned by Husqvarna.

Just found out that Target tile saws is owned by them too. They seem to have been on a buying spree lately. Hope they aren't leveraged too much, and don't go belly up.

Reply to
EXT