open the fixture to change bulbs

how do I open the ceiling fixture that has no visible screws? theoretically I know I have to turn the glass of it counterclockwise, but the damned glass seems to be unmovable.

Reply to
interdial1

On 20 Jun 2016, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in alt.home.repair:

That particular ceiling fixture's bulb can only be accessed by removing the floor in the room above. A Sawzall is a good tool for the job. You might need a crowbar, too.

Reply to
Nil

Remove the glass easily with a light tap of big hammer or is that a big tap of a small hammer. Oh, I got it, it's a big hit with a big hammer.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Firstly, you will need more people. but how many ? ... for that you will need to start a new thread - " How many google groupers does it take to change a light bulb ? " :-) John T.

Reply to
hubops

have to turn the glass of it counterclockwise, but the damned glass seems to be unmovable.

I've got one that you have to pull the whole thing down to access the bulb or maybe it detaches by just turning it in the other direction.

Reply to
Frank

It would help if you posted a picture of the problem light fixture. Sometimes there is a spring catch that just needs to be pulled. Sometimes the glass has to rotate. Sometimes the screws are visible from the top.

John Grabowski

John G

Tap it around the edge with a 16 oz. hammer. Won't take long to open it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

WE NEED A PICTURE IF YOU REALY WANT HELP!!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

It may not turn. Some have spring clips and you just have to pull down on the glass.

Reply to
Ameri-Clean

once you get it apart install LED bulbs, they will cost more to buy but you wouldnt have to replace them again for a long long time

Reply to
bob haller

Q: How many psychologists does it take to change a light bulb?

A: One, but the light bulb has to want to change.

Reply to
TomR