One button reprair for hall.dll not found, etc. Oxc00005 -Resumed.

I just posted this, but even though I added "continued' to the subject line, Agent 1.93 used References to sort it with the previous post from a year ago. I suspect all versions of Agent, all newsreaders would do this.

So to make sure current readers see it, reformatted as a new thread.

Yes, here it is a year later, and the computer has been working fine all this time.

I posted here and home.repair and maybe other places, and you were the only one to reply. I would think this would be big news.

It may not work often but when it's needed, it seems to be the only thing that works, and it's so easy.

To recap. My computer would not start. Usually I just got a black screen with a message about hal.dll or some other startup file. I had another computer and I googled all over the place, tried lots of repair tools and routines to reload startup files. Nothing made a difference. I spent almost 3 months at this, including spending money. Then I found one reference to using F11 during startup, and that was all I had to do.

Free and took 15 seconds.

I think it backed off the previous, bad, Windows update.

What's the nmae of the new win11 group? I updated my list and didn't see it with a similar name to this one.

>After it restarted, there was no evidence of a windows update since >9/28. Isn't that unusual? I think it likely there was an update Dec. 4 >that broke the computer, and it's been reversed. > >Since I restarted it, I allowed two windows updates, but if one of them >was the bad one, I figure they fixed in the last 2 months, or less. > >
So I'm sure now it was not any software I installed, or any change I >made that caused this problem. It was a bad windows update from MS. > >>
Reply to
micky

You seem to be sending to it: alt.comp.os.windows-11

I don't understand your question therefore. Al

Reply to
Big Al

My bad. Yeah, but I didn't remember for sure if that is its name. Someone on 10 posted its name and I thought it paralleled 10, so I included it, even though it hadn't shown up when I refreshed my ng list. ..... Dang, another stupid mistake. I was looking at my list of subscribed groups, and not the full list of groups. I hope I'm not geting senile. Fortunately iirc I can look back on plenty of stupid mistakes when I was much younger.

Reply to
micky