infrared stove replacement

Hi All,

Without going into why I can not use an oven or a broiler, I would like to remove my oven and replace it with a four burned infrared stove top. I has to accommodate LARGE saute pans.

So far my searches have only come up with individual table top infrared burners.

If I absolutely MUST have the oven and broiler, then I just will not use it, but I really do not want the extra expense of those two.

What is a good NEVER FAIL/BREAK brand?

Many thanks,

-T

. ???? Home Depot supposedly has this or something similar
Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Thank you!

I had a chuckle at this in the specs:

Batteries Included? ?No Batteries Required? ?No

Now that I know what they are called, I found this review:

It says it has a kid safety lock. A lot of people would buy this just to be able to lock up their kids.

Reply to
micky

Chuckle.

"Kid safety locks" mean that the adults have to as their kids how to operate them!

"Installs Over Built-In Oven: Yes"

Huh ?????

The cooktop is not very tall and is rated to be installed above an under-counter, built-in oven.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

That explains it!

T wrote on 1/16/2023 5:13 PM:

Maybe you should consider a "flat bottom wok" instead of  "LARGE saute pans".

A wok has the advantage that there are much less oil splattering than pans because of the taller and wider brim to contain the sizzling oil splash.

A flat bottom wok can sit properly on a regular electric burner element or induction cooker (most woks are made of cast iron or steel, not aluminum).

A round bottom wok (the original kind) can work only with gas stove.

invalid unparseable

If you were good with sheet metal, you might be able to combine the two and make a stove!

Reply to
micky

I can see where that would be useful!

My saute pans all have lids.

My favorite frying pan (like a flat bottom wok):

Makes great fried eggs!

My wife has been reading reviews of these things. Long times uses are not very happy. Cracked stove tops, scratches stove tops, five burners too close to each other for normal sized pans, inability to control temperatures, unable to tell which burner is on or hot, and on and on and so forth. No long time user seems to be happy.

So, I think I changed my mind.

You should consider a stand-alone induction cooker. The heating surface does not generate heat by itself. The electrical power generates heat directly in the metal pot through electromagnetic induction. However, glass, copper, aluminum and pure stainless steel won't work on induction cookers. The cooking pot must be ferrous material like cast iron, carbon steel, steel, stainless steel that can stick to a magnet, or the manufacturer has indicated that it is induction compatible.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I love the idea, but I do not want to replace all my beloved pans. They are part of the family, so to speak.

I used to know a girl like that. She had a magnetic personality on the bottom but not on the sides.

Reply to
micky

What I am after is something that can be easily wiped clean. Does anyone remember "sealed electric burners"?

And that I do not have to replace all my beloved pans.