Old Bryant Air Conditioner and Furnace Replacement

Hi, I posted a few days ago about a broken air conditioner thats 30 some years ago. Well, I had someone take a look at it for an estimate. Basically it boils down to it not being worth fixing. He gave me an estimate for a new furnace and a/c (The furnace is just as old and probably on it's last leg as well) I was quoted $1650 for the furnace and $1550 for the A/C unit.

The new furnace is the Carrier Weathermaker 8000-DLA. The new A/C is the Carrier 38CKC. Both come with 1 year warantee parts and labor, 5 year parts and the heat exchanger and compressor both have much longer warantees. The price he quoted includes everything tax, labor, misc. parts, etc.

I live in the chicagoland area. I have a second floor condo roughly 1000 sqft, the A/C unit is on the roof. My association pays the gas bill (so I do inderectly with my dues), I pay the electric.

Any input as to if these prices are good, and if the units themselves would suit my needs or if there would be better options available.

thanks, you guys rock!

-d

Reply to
darryl

And you didnt tell us the sizes.. But, I can tell you this....if the ac is over 1.5 tons, and the furnace is over 65,000BTU....I dont know why you are waiting...sign the damn papers..

The units themselves are garbage. Total and complete junk. EVERYONE is...the Trane, the Carrier, the York, etc... its all up to the installer to insure that you get what you pay for. Name means nada,

Install, means all

Reply to
CBHvac