heat pump used

Hi, I have a chance to get a heat pump that was in use for two years before the guy switched to a gas furnace. The unit has been sitting in a basement for the past seven years and wondering if this unit is worth installing since it has been sitting so long.

Thanks Dan

Reply to
Dante Mincin

Lets see....is it sized right for your home? Dunno? ARe you SURE its the size he states? Can you read the model and serial number and tell? IT tells the age of the unit too on the serial... Is it sealed? Open? Lines open? Lines closed? If its been sitting, open its toast...period.

Of course...I cant figure out why the installers didnt remove it, since thats required in some areas..

Reply to
CBHvac

I agree, it is probably junk. I would not touch it unless the lines were brazed shut, vac'd down and filled with nitrogen. I doubt it this was done.

The other question I have is, why was it removed? If it was me I would have left the heat pump in place and added the gas for back up, or for weather that is too cold for the heat pump. Hell, he owned it already, sounds like he must have added AC too. Does not make sense to me! Greg

Reply to
Greg O