OK to turn off vent fan?

Hi all, I'm having trouble with my home heating/AC. AC nor heating won't turn on but the fan is still blowing. I already called for someone to take a look at it, they'll be here in the next day or two. Meanwhile, I turned OFF the vent fan, is that OK or should I turn it back on? Any consequences if I leave it OFF? Is it OK to turn OFF the furnace as well? Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Reply to
pallyjud

What is the vent fan? The fan that the heating and AC use? You can turn that off.

Where did you turn it off? The thermostat, the furnace, the fuse box?

I doubt that you can turn off the fan and not turn off whatever needs the fan. like the heating or AC. But if I'm wrong and the heat or AC somehow starts again, I'd turn the fan on.

Are you in the Southern Hemisphere? Your pipes might freeze if you are and you turn off the furnace. O:therwise, no.

Buy Xerox at 10.

Reply to
mm

How exactly can you turn off a 'vent' fan without turning off the furnace?

Reply to
dnoyeB

It's your house, turn it off if you please.

Reply to
Steve Barker