Oil in the nail gun

Does anyone know why my instructions ask me to put oil in my Porter- Cable nail gun once per session?

Is it helping to lubricate the nails as they go into the wood? Is it helping to lubricate the inner workings of the gun?

What happens if I don't put oil in? Does it result in premature wearing of the tool?

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
rminv

I am not an expert, but-

Oiling does nothing to lube the nails as they go in. It is for the inner working of the gun. Not oiling it will result in premature wear on the tool, the failure of the seals and O rings, and possible internal rust.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Follow the instructions. The oil lubes the nail gun.

Reply to
Meat Plow

yes no yes bad things faster yes

--