oil heat natural gas

Hi Folk: I have oil heat at my house. I also had oil heat in the house I grew up in. I use to fix it all the time then, and I do it now. It's not that hard to fix, but messy. I'd go natural gas if the pipes were down my road, but I don't. In '88 we moved out of our homestead and moved to a neighborhood and house that had natural gas. The furnace, as old as it was, was never a problem in Years! Now, I'm back in the woods in my own house, closer to work, the way I like it, but wish I had natural gas..

Before you go switch to oil heat, you'd better check this calculator and the prices of each. Typically, oil is half the cost of electric, and gas is half the cost of oil! Remember to read between the lines of those bogus 'oil heat' commercials:

Take Care Harry

Reply to
harry

Just a few corrections.

You are right, with the right tools, its not hard, but messy, smelly and time consuming, and besides, how many homeowners you know with a Bacharach Fryrite combustion tool?

You cant just go fix one...

And a 90%+ Propane unit is stopping you?

And a heat pump in some climates is cheaper still. I assume you are in a northern state, but down here, the change out from oil to electric (heat pump) was the best thing we did.

Make sure your comments, while correct for some areas, are not a blanket statement for the entire reading area, as you will mislead many people.

*CBHVAC*