Odd X-10 Problem

One of the wall sockets in my house has suddenly become unresponsive to X-10 commands. I have switched appliance modules and no difference. The wall socket is still active and appears normal except for the X-10 issue. Before this I noticed that the window candles had come on by themselves. Any ideas? Thanks Frank

Reply to
frank1492

unplug everything on that branch and try again.

Conjecture that some new load plugged in is stomping on the X10 signals.???

Reply to
Robert Macy

Not necessarily in your house. Next door can affect it on the same phase.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Use an outlet tester to test the outlet connections would be my first check. If this is good since you have replaced the appliance module with a known good one I would suspect the controller. Try different addresses on the controller and appliance module. Last resort would be another controller.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Oh yeah almost forgot. I had a power strip with built in Radio interference filter screw up not only the x10 lamps that were plugged in to it but also some things that were on the same circuit.. I havent had this problem lately put a lot of electronic circuits including computers have internal Radio Interference Filters. circuits built in.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE