NYC subway repair

Kinda' the same split you see with self-reliant conservatives vs. government-dependent liberals ;-)

Reply to
Douglas C. Neidermeyer

Don't like the price? No problem! Just don't buy.

.

A better example is batteries. The news is saying they are simply out of batteries in New York New, Jersey and large areas of the northeast. An enterprising guy might load up a truck at the Walmart in Tennessee or Kentucky and drive up there but if he could only mark them up 10%, he isn't going to do it. They simply don't get batteries. Is that better? Ask the guy sitting in the dark with a dead radio how much batteries are worth.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

wrote

NYC has never been hit with the major problems it has now. Jersey is another story. I remember a few nasty storms that hit NJ over the past 60+ years. As a teenager, we went to the Jersey shore. One visit we had to drive around a few houses sitting in the middle of the street.

Sure, the news often over hypes bad weather, but sometimes it really does come the way they predict. Filling your gas tanks a few days before is pretty easy to do.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Peter" wrote .

Woodstove for heat. If it is winter, no worries about refrigeration, just put the stuff out in the snow. Last time in summer was hurricane Gloria and we held things for the two days we were out. Beyond that, I'm SOL unless I borrow a neighbor's generator to run the freezer for a couple of hours.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

wrote

Another self inflicted problem. I always have some around, but a week before the storm hit I bought some extra. Stores had plenty and now I do too. I can keep lit for weeks. Oh, I also have plenty of bourbon on hand in case it is needed for medicinal purposes.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I wonder who decided that it's someone else fault, when people have a week of warning, but fail to take basic steps to prepare?

It's the government's fault, or Red Cross fault, or...

.

Another self inflicted problem. I always have some around, but a week before the storm hit I bought some extra. Stores had plenty and now I do too. I can keep lit for weeks. Oh, I also have plenty of bourbon on hand in case it is needed for medicinal purposes.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

So you also do your own medical procedures and dental work on yourself?

Reply to
George

Reductio ad absurdum.

Look it up if you don't know what it means;-)

Reply to
Douglas C. Neidermeyer

Yes, but do they sell ammunition in the hospital gift shop?

Reply to
Smitty Two

Common debate/discussion tactic of the P.L.L.C.F. which stands for: Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak/s, the acronym saves a lot of typing. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Or to keep YOURSELF lit???

Reply to
clare

Well, no. Patients have to bring their own.

When our concealed handgun license law was passed (thank you Governor Bush), it originally contained a prohibition against licensed carry in hospitals (and churches and a few other benign places).

Due to popular demand, however, a subsequent session of the legislature repealed the no-carry-in-hospital provision (and churches).

Reply to
HeyBub

Good idea! Forget pumping them out, just fill the subway with WD-40. That's what it's designed for, right?

Reply to
krw

Where did you see that? All I heard on the news was how this storm had the potential to take out power for WEEKS, not hours.

Yes. So often in fact I got sick of it and changed channels to one that didn't have a news service.

Reply to
dennisgauge

potential to take out power for WEEKS, not hours.

Sure, the news said weeks, but most people don't pay attention. If they had filled their gas tanks before the storm the long lines would not exist.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski