Full length window screens

My contractor supplied screens are the usual bottom half screens. I have tried with limited success to build full length screens using the "sun blocker" type of plastic screens. These are to inhibit the full sun in south Texas. The screens work very well, it's the frame that has me in trouble. The 7 foot stalks of aluminum frame which are necessary are too flimsy to support a taut screen without bowing in the middle, leaving a gap along the sides. What the system needs is some sort of a cross piece about mid point to hold the long pieces rigid and straight when I add the screen and pull it taut. I can't find this sort of thing at the usual culprits and have not tried (not been able to find) a specialty house for this little problem. I would appreciate hearing comments from anyone who has a solution. Thanks

Reply to
Texas Slacker

Texas Slacker wrote the following:

Make your own using aluminum strips. Paint to match the frame if necessary.

Reply to
willshak

Reply to
jloomis

Florida with their lanais has thousands of acres of large screened in enclosures. Start your search there.

It's no big deal to make your own screen frames, though it might not be cheap. It might be cheaper and easier to have the screens made into two parts instead of one big one. Since you're already looking at a center spreader bar there won't be much difference visually.

RicodJour