Ny risk with leaving exposed TV antenna wire in attic

I have removed a TV antenna that was in my attic. I am unable to determine where the wire from the antenna connects in the house. Any risk leaving t he exposed wire in the attic? I don't believe any electricity runs thru th e wire but I thought I would throw the question out there.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Reply to
FinanceGuy

Can't imagine any problem. I still have one in an attic that has not been used for many years. Wire just dangles down unattached in bedroom alcove. I imagine with new signal set up, it no longer works. I don't store anything in that attic and access is difficult through closet ceiling. This septuagenarian won't be going up there again ;)

Reply to
Frank

You can leave it in place or you could follow it to where it disappears down a wall, cut it off then stuff the end into the wall.

If you don't know where it comes out down in the house, there a good chance that somebody did that exact thing at the other end. Only difference is they probably repaired the hole.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

coax or ?? wiring?

if coax, you may improve things by finding where it comes down and terminate appropriately. Get a cheap wire detector, approx $26 from Home Depot.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I am unable to determine where the wire from the antenna connects in the house. Any risk leaving the exposed wire in the attic? I don't believe any electricity runs thru the wire but I thought I would throw the question out there.

Probably nothing at the other end. No risk.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have not been in such an attic in years. I'm a Leo. What month is your sign, september?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Was the one you outlived also one that you married?

Reply to
hrhofmann

If I told you that I bought two cars and sold one would you know if I sold one of the two that I bought?

Reply to
DerbyDad03
[snip]

How would it improve things to terminate a cable that's not connected to anything?

Reply to
sam E

There may still be electric in the cable, if it all didn't leak out. Maybe shake the cable a bit to make sure all the electric is out, just to be safe.

Reply to
Jim K

Hi, May he ask what should be the Ohmage for best terminator? If both end are cut, does it matter?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Correction; electric is out should read all electrons fall out, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang