metal studs supporting a tv?

I had a fireplace removed and replaced with a framed wall and drywall. The contractor used metal studs (without my knowledge). I should have asked, but, I just missed it. I had always intended to put a 52" tv up there. With the metal studs, however, I'm not sure whether they will support the weight. I contacted the contractor and he suggested that they can insert wood into the studs where the tv will be, then lag the tv support into the studs.

Thinking about what he said got me thinking. His explanation leads me to believe that he might put in a one foot/two feet at most piece of wood into the metal stud. My question is will this be enough to support an 80-100 pound tv? Without the wood stud running ceiling to floor, where would the support come from?

Any thoughts you might have would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
edee_em

The support comes from the metal studs with sheetrock being screwed to it. The big problem is screwing the bracket into the studs. The blocking should work fine

Reply to
RBM

Didn't these questions get answered back in Feb?

BobK207

Isn't the wall finished on both sides?

Reply to
mm