now that 100w bulbs are gone, what are folks putting in the pump house?

LOL

I bet a bought a 20 year supply of those 100 watt incandescent bulbs because I really liked those "Reveal" type.

Then decided to go CFL and full spectrum fluorescent.

Think I will put them on Craig's list and get rid of them

Reply to
philo

you can get more money for them if you outfit a trench coat with a lot of internal pockets, then go hang around on a street corner.

Reply to
Pico Rico

LEDs work fine in cold

Reply to
bob haller

So do CFLs. I have CFLs in a lamppost. No complaint and I no longer have to replace the bulbs every nine months or so.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Some of the older CFL's took forever to reach full power, if ever. Vast improvement since the originals. OTOH, I just put an LED floodlight above the garage. Nice light! (but $24)

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yep, have LEDs in my ceiling fixtures in the kitchen. Similar prices as yours but the quality of the light is outstanding.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Alaska,

The ban seems to ban far less than most folks think. You should be able to buy 60 watt. Put a bunch of them in the pump house.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

I think I bought a couple 200-300 waters in case I needed them for heat, mostly for series insertion when trouble shooting electronics.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I have LEDs in the kitchen ceiling fan/light, all the hall lights, my basement office, all the bedroom ceiling lights, and most of the lamps in the house. Have not paid more than $8 each for any of them (bought using discount cupons from hydro and online from China.Some of the Chinese stuff wasn't worth what I paid for it - some has been excellent.

Reply to
clare

Heat lamps are not affected either - so just buy a heat lamp.

Reply to
clare

Indeed! Some folks actually started an operation and started to advertise a product called "Heatball". They had a nicely designed website on which they explained that a "Heatball" is a small electric heating device, that more or less accidentally also emits light. People could actually place orders - the folks themselves obviously ordered a truckload of (of course) ordinary light bulbs that had the brand "heatball" printed on them from some foreign country where light bulbs were still legal.

Unfortunately, the customs office didn't let these "heatballs" enter Germany, claiming they were just light bulbs, which were no longer a legal product to sell. The heatball guys even published the letters they exchanged with the customs office on their website - kind of funny how they explained that customs must have made a mistake, as a lightbulb is not a light bulb, but a heating device, and clearly marked as such.

I actually ordered two heatballs myself two years ago, but never got them delivered due to the product being blocked from entering Germany. I didn't really need them - neither for lighting purposes, nor for heating - but I found that whole operation quite funny, so I though I'd support these guys with an order of my own. :-)

Greetings, Nils

Reply to
<nils

Amazingly, I had the receipt in the bag so took them back today for a full refund... which I spent on other stuff of course.

Reply to
philo

Gee, those probably went home with a store person. What a waste of a good bunch of bulbs, out of your hands.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I found out that I like the CFL's and bought those Reveal bulbs for my wife's studio. Soon after I bought them, I converted the studio to full spectrum fluorescent...so I had no use for them.

Considering that I bought them last year..I think it great that they took the items back with no hassle.

Reply to
philo

Be nice if you'd offered them to the folks on this list. You used the term "I" six times in your reply. Guess we all know who you consider most often.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I I I I I I I I saw them on eBay for less money ...also:

Being retired I need to watch my money a little more carefully... and the refund paid for all the new supplies.

Reply to
philo