Noisy dishwasher that manufaturer won't repair

Two different issues. If the warranty is over, now matter how PO'd you are, the manufacturer has no legal obligation to fix anything. As for cost effective, that is another issue. Most appliances are rally cheap to buy compared to what they were years ago. That can be both good and bad.

The real problem though, is the noise. Do you know where it is coming from? Motor? pump? Every part of the cycle? Fill or drain worse than other times? Need more information to diagnose, but you may want to check out

for both diagnostics and part cost.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hello all;

Ok whirlpool quiet dishwasher...1.5 yrs old and now it is VERY loud manufacturer said warranty over and repair is not cost effective? removed motor, cleaned screens and still loud...I'm fed up with disposable appliances, so does anybody have some advice?

thanks in advance....frank

Reply to
Frank Robinette

I'm sure the fridge is a power hog, but it keeps my refreshments in my garage cold in the summer, and half cups of paint until i'm ready for them

Reply to
Frank Robinette

Yeah, let's figure out what's wrong with it. Did the sound insulation slip out of place? Is some part making more noise than it should?

If it's a part, and you can't figure out what part, it might fail in a month or two and then it will be much easier to identify. Or it might last for years this way.

If you can't figure out the problem, then do the dishes when no one is in the room. How bad would that be? You can even start the machine just before you go to bed.

I know it's annoying to pay extra for quiet and then have it break in only 1.5 years, but you'll get over that eventually, especially if you're able to fix it, but even if not.

Reply to
mm

"Frank Robinette" wrote

Someone once posted about buying a Bosch dishwasher, known for being quiet, but the thing sounded like a jet. Long story short, turns out the installer didn't put in the sound insulation. Easy fix.

Was your machine quiet and has gotten noisier over time? Just curious, I have no idea how to fix the problem. I love my Whirlpool dishwasher, it's a couple of years old, and still quiet.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young