Bosch Dishwasher under warranty, repair made things worse! (2023 Update)

I paid for a silent dishwasher and it WAS until I received and error code and got the dishwasher repaired! Now my dishwasher is LOUD, not HORRIBLE, but I paid $1,300 for a silent dishwasher, which it was UNTIL NOW!

They came back a second time and said it "sounds fine" but we do a LOT in our kitchen area at the table an NEVER heard the dishwasher up until recently but not knowing what it sounded like before, they think we are crazy.

Imagine you have had your car for years and you take it in to get the tires rotated. Now imagine you get it back and immediately feel a noticeable vibration you had never felt. When you bring it back to the shop and the mechanic test drives it, they feel vibration but it feels normal to them. It's hard when they don't have the years of experience you did and to explain it is almost impossible.

We had to look for the blue light on the floor to know the dishwasher was running. There were times that we mistakenly opened the door because we had no idea it was running a cycle, but now I can hear it whirring from the other room.

It’s a frustrating situation when you know it isn't the same, but no one can figure out what changed and the technician doesn't seem to think it is an issue.

We have a *BOSCH SHXM78Z55N/18* They replaced the following parts:

*Water Valve: *00628334 *Control Board:* 12028530
Reply to
Joe Urban

Bosch is a well-known brand of dishwashers, and they offer a range of models with different features and noise levels. In general, Bosch dishwashers are considered to be relatively quiet, with noise levels ranging from 44-46 dB. This is considered to be quite low compared to other brands. However, like any appliances, it could still be possible that a specific model or unit of Bosch dishwasher can be louder than others. It's also possible that even a Bosch dishwasher that is functioning as it should, may still be considered loud by some customers, as noise levels are a subjective thing and what one person finds loud another person may find acceptable. It's important to check the specifications of the dishwasher model before purchasing and also contact the manufacturer if you have any concerns about the noise level after installation.

A dishwasher that is sold as "silent" typically means that it is designed to operate at a lower noise level than a standard dishwasher. However, there could be several reasons why a dishwasher that was previously quiet is now loud after installation. Some of the reasons could be:

Incorrect installation - If the dishwasher is not properly installed or leveled, it could cause vibrations and noise.

Damaged or worn parts - Some of the parts of the dishwasher such as the pump, motor, and wash arms could be worn out or damaged, which can cause noise.

Poorly designed - if the dishwasher is not designed to operate quietly, it will be loud even if it's new.

Obstructions in the dishwasher - Objects such as food particles or utensils that are blocking the wash arms can cause noise.

A problem with the control board or water valve - If these components are not working properly, it can cause noise and other issues with the dishwasher's performance.

It's important to check all of these possible causes and have the dishwasher inspected by a professional technician to determine the exact cause of the noise.

Reply to
HOH_Advisor