No power to burners or oven but control panel works

The power went off/on this morning. Now my oven control panel works fine, but there is no power going to any of the burners. I took off the back cover but could not find any fuse or circuit breaker. I can post pictures .

Reply to
nonsense

Sounds like have 110 but not 220 -- first go trip/reset the breaker at the panel manually. Post back result if doesn't fix w/ model/ manufacturer/etc. details.

--

Reply to
dpb

One leg of your 240 V supply to the oven/stove is dead. Go to your service entry box and turn the stove breaker off, then on. If that fixes the problem, everything may be in working order. If not, then if you have a voltmeter or test lamp check both breaker connections for voltage to ground. If OK, the problem is at the appliance connections. With power off, check for loose wire connections and such. If all this is not something you feel confident to deal with, call a qualified electrician. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Sounds like one of the phases is dead. Your control panel works because it works off of one of the phases. Check the elect panel. It could be that your oven is on 2 seperate breakers instead of the usual double pole breaker, so one of the breakers might have tripped. If it looks good, check for voltage at the stove.

Reply to
Mikepier

Thanks, the problem was that one of the transformers in our complex went out. So maybe that was why there was no 240v for a period in the day?

Reply to
nonsense

That would do it.

Reply to