No more auto GPS (as we've come to know it)

I use mine every time I'm in a new place, though from now on, I'll likely use it whenever I'm on the road. Last Friday night I was driving back home and there were two complete stops on I85. One was on the GA side of the border - no idea what that was about. The second was about 20mi further on the AL side that had traffic backed up for ten miles, or more. The (phone) GPS pointed out the exact location of the tieup. If I'd been smart I would have gotten off and taken the back road. My wife was about 2mi ahead of me, though, and I decided to hang in.

Bad weekend for I85. Saturday, we drove back to Atlanta and there was a carbeque on our side that had the Northbound lanes stopped for a half hour.

Reply to
krw

screen interaction to activate. Otherwise, the GPS would be constantly trying to interpret anything it "heard" as instructions.

winding road" comes on. You have no idea where the thing is going to take you.

playing. They got to the "oh oh oh, Thunder Road," and my GPS gave me directions to 000 Thunder Road somewhere in Florida.

The law of unintended consequences in full bloom. I can think of a dozen songs that would be an issue.

Baker Street, E Street Shuffle, Sesame Street, Dancing in the Street, 42nd Street, Give My Regards to Broadway, Electric Avenue, Tobacco Road, Exile on Main Street, Positively 4th Street, Street Fighting Man, Abbey Road, On The Road Again, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, etc.

Eventually we'll get into our cars and tell them where we want to go and then sit back and surf the net. Eventually.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green