No mold PVC

Nice thing is that PVC was easy to repair with just a couple of bucks for glue and sleeve. The AC condensate goes in first and down the line the humidifier overflow goes in. The clog was past the humidifier and overflow was there.

Reply to
Frank

I doubt it's scale, where would the lime come from? That should be distilled water hitting the pan.

I suspect it's dust off the coils combined with biological growth. In a constant wet environment all sorts of nasties can grow.

Reply to
TimR

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 18:48:58 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

You are right. News flash! Don't drink my Kool-Aid.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 19:00:24 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

There are adapters sold specifically for that.

&keywords=hose+adapter+for+air+conditioning+drain+line&qid= 1594929458&sr=8-4>
Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 19:00:24 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

Should also have an alternate drain set up for just this reason possibly with a condensate pump and float valve. I think you are at my stage of life if it occurs again, you will deal with it then or not...

Reply to
invalid unparseable

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 06:22:22 -0700 (PDT), TimR posted for all of us to digest...

Don't drink the Kool-Aid...

Reply to
invalid unparseable