No maintenance gutters?

Anyone have any experience, negative or positive, with this gutter product. No downspouts, no maintenance?

Reply to
The Wolf

Leafguard gutters work well but are very expensive.

Reply to
Art Begun

If you are going that route, just remove everything from the face trim and paint it. You can spread some colored or regular gravel on the ground along the drip line (where there is no shrubbery) and really have zero gutter maintenance. Where there is shrubbery it will disperse the water. I have removed one section of gutter to try this and it's working great. You know, I was raised in an old Victorian house that never had any gutters, and it's still there after 100 years - still no gutters.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Solved the problem at this house where eaves are 20 ft. above ground level. After

5 years with 3 or 4 Rainhandlers over the deck I could just afford (higher prices) to add three more on the other side.

-- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada) dphillipson[at]trytel.com

Reply to
Don Phillipson

So are you satisfied with the product? That was my question.

Reply to
The Wolf

My understanding is that the answer is maybe.

It depends on:

What you have planted or located near your home

What the soil and drainage conditions are at your home

The local weather

They seem to do as intended, as long as you can handle the extra water right next to your home. If your drainage is marginal, I suggest avoiding them.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan