Nitrogen in tires scam

_________ You missed my point.

If a car is AVAILABLE with wagon wheels, as you mentioned above, then by all means buy the trim level that offers that size. But if it came originally with the more normal sized spec you also supplied, such as if you won it, inherited it, or bought it used because you're on a budget, then use it *with the sizes it came with*, and run the pressures *it calls for* on the door pillar placard - not what *you think it needs*.

The edition with the 19" wheels might have its suspension designed with alignment angles specifically for those size wheels, which means putting aftermarket 19-20s on the edition with - and designed to run with - only 16" wheels might adversely affect its handling.

In either case - the Camry with 16" wheels or the one with

19" - keep the tire pressures at what Toyota recommends on the b-pillar placard. Most likely, the one with 19" lower profile tires will have higher recommended pressures than the one with 16" - IE 34psi vs 32, as example.
Reply to
thekmanrocks

Absolutely NO difference between the suspension parts or the alignment settings from the smallest to the largest tire and the placard actually has the pressures for at least 2 different tire sizes. Even in the same trim level there are often 2 tire size options available. The only one with different suspension parts (possibly) is the TRD.

As for tire sizes on the Camry - stock size can be 235/45R18, 205/65 R16, 215/55 R17 or 235/40 R19 - and guess what??? Front and rear pressures are the same, and identical for ALL FOUR SIZES. The rolling diameter of each tire is also the same -between

26.3 and 26.5 inches, with the 16 inch tire actually being THE LARGEST.

Inless you actually know what you are talking about, best not to say anything.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Yup - good cars. But - My current Ford is now 26 years old with almost 370000km on it and I never add oil either - just change it twice a year - 5W20 or 0w20 for the winter and 5w30 or 5W40 for the summer. Depends what's on the shelf. #2 Daughter's 14 year old Civic - same. Of all the cars I've owned or have been in the family for the last 30 years I've only had to add oil on ONE - the 1988 Chrysler 3.0 liter New Yorker - and only untill I replaced the worn out valve guides. Darn MittsoShitty engine - it went through 2 head changes - one just before I bought it under Warranty, and again about 100,000km later. None of my other 4 fords or my Chrysler, or even my GM. - or my 2 Toyotas, or my daughter's MitsoShiity colt or her Neon. Only the GM had an engine failure. I bought it with a dead 3.8 due to beuing overheated by s cracked bypass hose fitting (who puts a PLASTIC hose fitting into an aluminum block????) and I put in a factory replacement (Delco) engine which lasted almost exactly 100,000km (62,000 miles) before grenading on the 401. Other than the last Taurus (and the

100000km engine on the 400,000+km TranSport)they were all relatively high milers
Reply to
Clare Snyder