New WH, still low pressure on hot side

I finally replaced my 30-year-old water heater last Monday, with a 6- year version from BOB (big orange box). Did it all myself, for less than $400. Would've cost $600+ to have done.

Anyway, I had an issue before with a signifigant drop-off in water pressure any time I went all-hot anywhere in the house. I still do.

The 3/4" connection pipes on top of the old WH were pretty crudded up, and I thought that was my problem until I tried all-hot with the new heater in place.

The copper pipes immediately before and after the WH are clean as a whistle.

Not so much of a problem now that I don't need to go all-hot to get anything but a stone-cold shower, but still bugs me.

Reply to
mkirsch1

when you say "all hot" are we talking about showers? or sinks as well

got a tempering or balancing valve some where in the house?

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

have any galvanized pipe? anywhere?

hot tends to clog first.

Reply to
hallerb

Everywhere.

Not that I am aware of.

Reply to
mkirsch1

All copper, except for a stretch of CPVC that comes from the old well which is valved off.

Reply to
mkirsch1