New Sink: Plumbing Questions

Hello all,

On the tail end of a kitchen re-do and I put the sink in today. This new sink has 8" bowls and the last one had 6" bowls, so as you may figure out the plumbing under the sink no longer matches up.

I have all water hooked up to the new dishwasher and new faucet--that stuff is a breeze--just have never really done any "under the sink" pipe work before.

What am I looking at here to knock about two inches off the drain pipe as well as ensure that the cross-over from the garbage disposal lines up?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Egg_Raid

Reply to
EggRaid

There are too many variations on this theme to offer concrete advice. Suggest you make a sketch of the layout with a few dimensions and take it into a hardware store (or, maybe, HD).

One thing you must watch out for is that the new elevation of the disposal doesn't put the disposal outlet *below* the waste outlet (to the wall). If it is, the connection will be difficult and the disposal will be flooded continuously.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim