New Rubber flapper goes right down after releasing handle for flushing

My old rubber flapper was leaking into the bowl so I replaced it with a new identical flapper. The leaking into the bowl problem has been solved but the new rubber flapper goes right down after releasing flushing handle. The rubber flapper has a circular piece connected to it that fits over the valve in the tank.

Any ideas of on how to correct this?

CP

Reply to
CJ

Shorten the chain/cord that pulls it up, it may not be opening all the way.

Reply to
PipeDown

I had the same problem.... Check to see if it has a 3/8 in. hole on the side of the flapper. If it does, replace it with one without the hole.

Reply to
Trajen