New Pool Filter?

I'm looking to Replace my Pool filter. Not sure what we have now, or how big it is. I do know its a DE based filter. Though the pool is an in-ground Fiberglass insert. its 15,000-20,000 gallons.

Any Suggestions on a Filter and or type? Seems like I've seen quite a few of the sphere kind.

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Cartridge if you want cheapest up-front, maintenance chores for moderate performance.

Sand if you want ease of use, moderate performance and a little more cost.

DE if you want the most expense and labor, but sparkling performance.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Quite so. Out of fashion these days, but works better than the current stuff. To be truly retro, you need a stainless steel canister DE.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Hey! That's what I have!!! With the Huge O Ring that you could almost use as a floating Device. Something like 3' tall and 1.5' around, some pressure thing on top, something like 8 fins in it...

It looks old and decrepit. The Sta>

Reply to
Scott Townsend

You are hereby awarded full bragging rights.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch