New Light Bulbs Don't Work

So I changed out 4 mini-bulbs in my kitchen light fixture and only ONE bulb works and IT only stays on for about 60 seconds at a time. The bulbs are NOT fridge or specialty bulbs either. I cleaned the base of all bulbs and base of bulb housing so I am getting a good connection. Could all 4 bulbs be bad? Nah.....

Reply to
Frank B.

You have a weird problem..... Yes, new bulbs can be bad, but the part where you said "IT only stays on for about 60 seconds at a time". That's just too weird. You either need a new fixture of have a bad switch. Test the bulbs in a known working fixture. If they are not standard sockets, take the bulbs back to the store and tell them to test them for you. You can also use a multimeter on the ohms scale and test for continuity. If the meter or digits move, you got a good bulb. No indication is a bad one.

Reply to
anoldfart2

It could be a bad lot of bulbs. It is possible there was a problem with a run where all the air was not properly evacuated from the bulbs, thus causing burnout. Try another brand before spending a bunch of time. Bulbs are cheap. John

Reply to
JohnR66