New (house) heating system... is this a good/great deal?

Good point. I think you may be right. I would have thought 40,000 would be enough for the bay area. But here's an online rough estimator that says for 2,000 sq ft, you need 58,0000 OUTPUT btu. Assuming

95% eff, he'd need 61,000 btus.

Of course, this is just a rough estimate calculator, but I'd trust it more than the shyster he's dealing with. Given the more temperate climate, I'd also go with a two stage if possible so that it can fire on low most days.

Reply to
trader4

I don't know that there are any gas-fired furnaces at the 95%+ efficiency rating that are not multi-stage. The one in my old house was 3-stage, and my new one has a 3-stage fan with a true variable burner.

Reply to
John Weiss